To help us promote healthy food and drink choices we have planned three "Go Slow Whoa" one-week challenges through the end of the school year. Teachers will check with their students daily and keep track of the participation rate in their class. We encourage every student to participate and hope for 100% participation rate in every class. Thank you for your support in creating a culture of wellness at Homestead.
- February 12-16: Go snack challenge.
- Homestead students brought 958 Go snacks to school. Congratulations to Ms. Sale's 3rd grade class who finished first with 90 Go snacks. They celebrated with a nutritious Go snack party during PE class.
- March 19-23: Go drink at lunch challenge.
- Homestead will take part in the "GO drink at lunch" challenge. We would like all students to have a GO drink at lunch every day this week. So, let's commit to feeding our bodies with Go drinks and aim for 100% participation in every class. Thank you.
- April 23-27: No Whoa food challenge. Least number of whoa foods in one week.
Congratulations to Mrs. Cackowski’s 3rd grade class who finished first with 90 Go drinks. They will celebrate and enjoy a few Go drink treats during PE class on Monday, April 23.
In our final challenge from April 23 through 27, students will focus on consuming the least number of whoa foods .
Click Here for Video on GO Slow Whoa