Welcome to Homestead’s Extended Child Services programs, also known as the ECS programs. ECS includes the Before and After School program and Kindergarten Enrichment. These licensed programs provide child care and enrichment activities for the children and families of the Homestead Community. Programs are fee-based and self-supporting. They are governed and regulated by the Cherry Creek School District and by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care.
1. To provide quality child care and enrichment programs that are safe, affordable and convenient.
2. To assist children in their physical, intellectual, social, emotional and creative growth.
3. To provide children with positive interaction and opportunities to establish relationships with peers and adults.
4. To involve children and parents in continuous program development and improvement.
5. To provide qualified, caring staff members who participate in regular training and education.
Before and After School Program - Hawk's Nest -
The Before and After School Program provides child care before and after school and on school holidays, non-pupil contact days and summer and winter vacations. Program hours before school are from 7:00am to 8:45am and after school hours are from 3:15pm to 6:00pm. Full day program hours are from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
Kindergarten Enrichment (KEP) -
The Kindergarten Enrichment Program provides enrichment for kindergarten children. It is also designed for parents who may require a half day child care service from either 8:45am to 12:30pm or 11:30am to 3:15pm. Students participate in hands-on, self directed experiences and activities such as reading and listening to stories, imaginative and creative play, art, music and cooking. Students may attend the Before and After School Program in conjunction with the Kindergarten Enrichment Program.